[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.0.47″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.2″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
Aw, the freshness of Spring and the chance to begin again.
The trees start budding.
The ants begin marching.
The birds start singing.
Our cats start shedding!
However, for some of us, this time of year reminds us of what we didn’t start or what we did start that didn’t take root.
Watching the year unfold while not having started or accomplished what we wanted can unleash the mind’s negative banter, and without realizing it, we can sink into the anxious dark hole of defeat.
I’ve lived in that sad defeated place and thankfully, I learned how to dig my way out.
How To Begin Again
Spring is the perfect time to plant new beginnings.
Big or small, personal or professional, starting is always better than stopping.
1. Start by grabbing a notebook or journal and review your goals, intentions, or resolutions, for the year. Chances are you’ve accomplished more than you’re giving yourself credit for.
2. Identify your most desired goal or aspiration to begin again. Circle it. Marvel at it.
3. Notice the negative thoughts and anxious feelings. Remember, all thoughts are optional, they’re not facts, and there’s no feeling that we can’t handle.
4. Next, see yourself in the future achieving your dream or goal. Feel the energy of achieving what you’ve always wanted, what you’ve dreamed of most.
5. Commit to your new beginning in your calendar. You may need to break it down into bite-size chunks. Most important it so put in your planner as you would any important date.
Now you’re ready to begin again.
Always remember, fear, anxiety, excitement, exhilaration, eagerness, and anticipation all feel the same in the body. It’s simply what we make it mean.
Allow this amazing energy to spring you toward your dreams and toward the garden of your life.
There’s nothing you can’t achieve. There’s nothing you can’t grow.